Sunday, December 18, 2011

Gingerbread




Rolling out dough in our nightgowns.  Big mommy and daddy cookies, medium big girl cookies and adorable tiny baby cookies.  The sweet gingery smell of baking filling our house.  Getting flour all over the place, including our hair! Watching Maya discover a new flavor. Arranging cookies into the families we know.

It was a wonderful morning that almost did not happen because I couldn't get my hands on the ideal recipe I just knew was out there.  In the end, we used a boxed mix that tastes very good.  It was the two hours we spent baking together that mattered and will be held in our memories.

I was reminded of Voltaire's observation: do not let the perfect get in the way of the good. The holiday season seems like a very good time to live by this! 




1 comment:

Mat. Emily said...

I would love to know where you found those darling gingerbread cookie cutters!