Friday, June 5, 2009

What I Do ... 7

I love ... these abstract prints and cards by meander ... The color grey ... This print from the Feed Your Soul: the Free Art Project. What an inspiring idea, art for free ... Giving up and settling into the rhythm of rainy days without end. Who needs to go out anyway? ... Rachel Bone's dreamy and mysterious work (found via Design*Sponge) and knowing we're almost neighbors (okay, Baltimore is an hour away from me, but still) ... Anna Bond's adorable illustrations and her IKEA picks for her new studio. I can't wait to see how it looks when it's all put together. Shouldn't there be a contest out there to see who can put together the best room using only things from IKEA? ... This neat blog called Missed Connections. Wouldn't it be cool to recognize yourself here? And to have a great illustration to go with your message?

I read ... A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg, which many of you have also been reading. It's a sweet and candid book and reading it felt like a good chat with a friend. The recipes in it are wonderful and have that feel of having been in my repertoire forever. The Bouchons au Thon (see picture) is my favorite so far ... Other books about food--Real Food by Nina Planck and The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan. Enjoyed and was enlightened and inspired by both, but am now struggling to avoid a lot of things I used to eat wihtout seocnd thought

I watch ... Man on Wire about Philippe Petit, the artist who walked between New York's twin towers in 1974. I especially love the interviews. I think Monsieur Petit is on my list of people i want to have to dinner ... I'm probably the last one to do so, but I finally watched Marley & Me and despite wanting to dislike it (sometimes I think I'm too cool for school) I loved it, giggling and sniffling throughout the whole thing.

I'm excited about ... watching a special rainbow ballerina whose dress rehearsal was lovely perform on stage tomorrow ... a first-time trip to Sweden in just three weeks. Right now all things Swedish are of interest, like they weren't already. However, I've given up on learning any of the language before the trip. It just won't sink in ... Sugar City's new quarterly magazine. I'm inspired just waiting for my copy to arrive ... The bottle of wine sitting on my counter waiting for this evening. Yes, it's been that kind of week, friends!

1 comment:

Joslyn said...

i still need to see man on a wire...looks amazing and i'm definitely putting Real Food on my reading list. looks great...