Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pretty Clay Bowls

Inspired by this post we worked on our own small clay bowls decorated with colorful beads. When we were done Sabrina pointed out they would be perfect as candleholders. Maybe we'll try that one of these summer nights. For now they look pretty in the sun. I love how more and more of our art projects are now suitable for both girls. In this case I made CC's bowl but she pressed her beads in herself. Sabrina needed a little help getting the clay soft, but executed the rest of the project alone.

4 comments:

zobars said...

hi that looks like a lovely project. would you be able to post a tutorial for it. thanks a lot.

Kathleen said...

How wonderful that your girls are getting into the same projects... My little one is 16 mo, and though he'd love to do everything his big sis (4) does, we're not quite there. I'm looking forward to some warm dry days for outdoor projects!

Ayelet said...

thanks for the great idea - we tried this today and my girls had a great time!

Clare W said...

these bowls are so cute!!! what kind of clay did you use? I teach art and would love to do this project with some of my younger kids!