Wednesday, June 10, 2009

One Giant Step

Today Sabrina and I went to our neighborhood elementary school to register for Kindergarten. I'd been slow about getting the paperwork together, and even once I had it I didn't drop it off. It seemed like something we should do together, mindfully and with time. So while Patrick worked at home and CC napped we went.

After turning in the papers we explored the school. Sabrina was quiet and tentative as we walked the hallways, peeked in classrooms, admired the art on the walls, met teachers and were awed by the possibilities contained in this one small building. After a while I saw appear on her face that little smile she gets when she's come up with a great idea she can't wait to implement. I hope that's the feeling she has--that Kindergarten is one great idea waiting for her to make happen.

1 comment:

janice said...

What a beautiful post! Even though I've taught for 12 years, I still get butterflies in my stomach the night before the "First Day of School". Kindergarten is magic!