Friday, January 23, 2009

What I Do ... 2


I love
... A surprise warm(er) day in the middle of winter ... Judging a book by its cover on this archive found via Black Eiffel ... These pictures of people in their creative spaces. Click on the photos to get many other pictures ... The white children's rooms collected by Remodelista ... The changes on my blog. Really, I'm not fishing for compliments, but I hope you like them too!


I create
... I'm exploring collage. My pot of Mod Podge and I have become good friends ... This week I spent many long evenings crafting alone (a first for me!) for my BabyCenter assignment. It was so fun and, other than a few snags, pretty relaxing. I can't share the results here until they appear on BabyCenter, but the crafty mess in the picture gives you a little peek. I'm excited that I have lots of leftover materials and new experience to create things with the girls ... Chickpea and spinach soup, a Spanish recipe from my grandma and mom. It was my first time making it and I was hoping it would be a hit with the girls, which it was. I told Sabrina about the recipe's heritage and she said "When you make it it's like your grandma and mommy are here." So true.


I watch and listen... Art will take you places. So cool. So inspiring. I started watching it and both girls ran to my study to see what was going on. We were mesmerized. Thank you for sharing, One Crafty Mumma.


Happy weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am new to your blog but I love your format; I enjoy reading about your adventures in being a mom and a person and a crafter, etc. Thanks for the fun links.
Kelly

jennifer said...

I *love* the new look: beautiful, clean, calming, inspiring. A bit of Aaaahhh and Aha! in my day. Thanks.

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

What a fun post full of good things. I just posted the art video on my blog because it made me so happy. And would you mind sharing the soup recipe? It's looks delicious.

Lori said...

love all these good things :^)