Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Getting Lost in a Book


We're big fans of Richard Scarry's books, and this giant book is the best one yet! And have I told you how my sister and I think so much alike that we both got this for the girls for Three Kings' Day? Now we have one and her boys have the other. It's big enough to sit on, lay on, read as a family, perfect for spending long cozy afternoons stretched out on the livingroom rug finding a new detail and talking about all the fun things going on in the pictures.

I loved Scarry's books as a child and still have a few of them, so found this comparision of the 1963 and the 1991 versions fun.

3 comments:

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

We are big Richard Scarry fans here, too! I'll have to track down the giant book since that looks like so much fun. Can't ever have too many pickle cars or funny flying creations, can you?!

Courtney said...

Thanks for this tip. I think I'll order it. And thanks for your nice comment. I like the changes to your blog. I have some coming as well.

Anonymous said...

hi, is this the reusable sticker book? if so i've been looking for it for a long time (replacing one i had as a child) but i don't know the actual name of it. could you please email the name to me if you still have it/know it? hellocupcake_@live.co.uk, thank you very much.