Thursday, July 24, 2008

Flying Solo


I’ve been on my own with the girls since Sunday night, the longest we’ve ever been without Patrick. And it’s becoming ever more clear who keeps us running on schedule in a tidy house living a life of pleasant rituals and routines. Not me.

Want to know more? Go to BabyCenter to read my latest Week of Wonders feature. It's about my week of flying solo with the girls and how we ignored our usual routines and got super creative. And while you're there please leave me a message!

Among other things we collaborated on a series of drawings of pigeons inspired by Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by our new favorite author Mo Willems.

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Love the pigeons. The boundless creativity of kids continues to astound me. Is it in all of us, and just gets suppressed, or does it only find the chosen few?

Good + Happy Day... said...

Betsy, I believe that creativity is in all of us to some degree, but we forget how to tap into it. I'm letting my children teach me how to access it again. Thank you for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

You might like my blog, http://whattoreadtochildren.blogspot.com/