Monday, May 5, 2008

Spring Simplicity


Of course I wouldn't let spring come and go without a big cleaning and weeding session, or without taking a closer looks at our systems and routines to see how they can be simplified. In addition, lately I've adopted a new tactic: throughout the day as I see items that are never used or that we can do without I just stash them in a bag in the coat closet. It's amazing how often this happens even when you are so clearly into simplifying and having less. When the bag is full I'm taking it to Goodwill. A few resources that have inspired me lately in the quest for simplicity:

The Laws of Simplicty. Sophisticated theories and ways to attain my vision.
Unclutterer's musings on living simply are both practical and all-encompassing.
Catalog Choice. In 6 to 10 weeks I hope to be completely catalog-free

Image is Half the Sky by Alicia Bock.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I think that is a great idea.
My family lives in a small apartment, we have no choice but to simplify on a regular basis, yet I still find myself with large bags for charity every couple months. I don't know where it all comes from!