Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Pet Shop Girls



We're back to our week of wonders routine, so yesterday we ventured out to the pet store. It was all Sabrina's idea--she made a cage for a toy parrot and then wanted to pretend we were visiting the pet store to see the parrot. So after lunch we went to the real pet store. Fish, birds, cats available for adoption, dogs getting groomed. It was more fun for the girls than I thought possible. I will say I was relieved that we were able to leave without any living purchases.

4 comments:

love.boxes said...

Good idea. Visit them at the pet store. :) Cute photos by the way. :)

bridgmanpottery said...

we bought "feeder" goldfish for our rain barrels from the pet store this summer- my son LOVED it. The fish are still swimming in the barrels, without any care, eating whatever falls in with the rain.

Heather said...

I haven't brought the camera in yet but we have been bringing our kids to the pet store for a few years now just to look at everything (and buy the dog food). Seems like our blogs are pretty similar, my husband and I write mainly about kid stuff and we try to keep it focusing on the positive.
Heather

Shawn said...

We love visiting the pet store as well. Your idea -- Week of Wonders -- is a great one. I'm a big, big fan of making sure that each day has something special in it, too. I'm home all day, every day, though, so it's a matter of sanity for me. I found your blog through Artful Parent. Love your blog, and your ideas. Especially the Advent Calendar for V-day, or any holiday for that matter.