Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Santa Sabrina

January 29th is Saint Sabrina's day, little Sabrina's nameday. In the Catholic tradition we honor these days with a celebration and gifts and lots of hugs and kisses for the little one named after the saint.

We've been celebrating since the weekend when we had family over for cupcakes and play. And today we brought muffins to share with Sabrina's classmates and I was able to spend over an hour with her in class, being shown around and participating in the art activities. It was a great day!

I recently learned that there's a growing number of people in the US celebrating namedays. Why not add this to your calendar and surprise your child with a little something on their "other" special day?

1 comment:

Esmeralda said...

hi!
I am from Spain, but in the past 7 years have lived in the Uk and South Africa.
in both places noone celebrates a "nameday" but of course, me being spanish (very catholic country)I do celebrate it.
I just wanted to let you know how happy I am to see you also do in the US.
I am about to have my second daughter, we will call her Sabrina.
Regards,
Esmeralda