Friday, October 19, 2007

Our World

Sisters by Ashley Goldberg

For many months since becoming a family of four we lived in two realities: the come on Mommy...do, do, do...activity after activity...pull every toy out...let's skip that nap...no hugs right now...I'm rough and sturdy...what are we doing today ?...where are we going?...world of three-year-old Sabrina and the sleepy...let's nurse for an hour...let's nurse again...three naps a day...I'm frail and tiny...what good are all these pretty rattles when I can suck on my own fingers?...all I want is to be held...world of CC.

At times it was enough to give me vertigo as I went back and forth delivering kisses on what seemed like Sabrina's huge head (when did it get so big?) and CC's tiny (like a baby bird's by comparison) one.

But the two realities are merging now as CC sleeps less and the girls interact more--Sabrina can make CC laugh like no one else, and CC's new tricks, from babbling (did she say, Hi?) to sticking her entire foot in her mouth, amuse Sabrina. And they agree on this: life is exciting. They are both so enthusiastic about new discoveries, so curious about the world, so interested in every little thing. Life is exciting, their wide eyes and grabbing hands say. Life is so exciting. Come to think of it, that's the reality for all four of us these days.

1 comment:

JoAnna said...

Isn't it fun to watch their itneractions? The same transition is taking place here. I think I told you I would help with those aprons, and never got back to you. I am so sorry! Out of sight out of mind. Let me know if you still need help. I love Harold and the Purple Crayon!