Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Funbooks

I am not a huge fan of coloring or workbooks, but they do seem to appeal to children. Luckily there are some beautifully designed ones out there to please us both!

I love Doodles and Scribbles by Taro Gomi, acclaimed author of Everyone Poops. These are so much more than coloring books and really encourage one's imagination to take off.

Kumon's workbooks are without a doubt the best as far as design and quality. I love the philosophy and skills the books develop and the fact that the beginner sets really encourage parent/child interaction.

These coloring books from rock scissors paper are sophisticated enough for me to want to pull out the crayons.

I like the unusual subject matter of these coloring books available at Budget Art Kids.

Many museum shops carry the Modern Patterns series by Mindware.

1 comment:

laura said...

I love the Taro Gomi and it certainly has inspired adults and children in my home to come up with some funny drawings. I like to leave it out with some crayons when we have friends over - no adult can resist it. The Kumon have been one of Alex's favorites since he was 2. We are currently on numbers and mazes! Will definitely check out the others you suggest.