Monday, October 15, 2007

Counting My [Good + Happy] Blessings


There are good + happy things going on in my life:

One
This is my 100th post to Good + Happy Day. When I started I wasn't sure where this little blog would lead and if I would even enjoy working on it. 100 good + happy ideas later I can safely say the blog and all the people I've come across since starting it have brought me enough moments of happiness, creativity, generosity, insight and inspiration for me to know for certain that blogging will for a long long time remain in my life.

Two
Today I will be inviting the people in my life who do not know about Good + Happy Day to come take a look. I wanted to be sure that this was a project I could commit to before having my friends and family bookmark the blog. For all of you visiting me for the first time today... welcome! And to those who have been coming already and showering me with support and encouragement in this endeavor... thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Three
Starting today I will also be blogging regularly about children's activities for babycenter. Most of you are probably familiar with the site--it's where you get those updates and cute pictures of your baby growing in the womb. I'll be joining a very talented group of bloggers who cover all sorts of parenting and child-related topics on babycenter's momformation blog.

Four
Tomorrow I turn 35... many wonderful things seem to be converging around my birthday this year, and I hope this means that the 12 months before me will be filled with good + happy days galore.

Five
In the spirit of sharing and generosity that is at the heart of blogging, I'm ready to jump in and do my first giveaway. Leave me a comment on this post by midnight this Friday and I'll have Sabrina pick a name at random to receive a surprise gift... here's a hint: it will be something you can use to spend a good + happy time with your children.

14 comments:

Jennie F in KY said...

Congrats on 100 posts and on joining the babycenter bloggers! I have so enjoyed reading your blog over the last few months.

Having lived in Spain, trying to raise a happy (and just maybe bilingual) toddler, and having sent out my younger child's birth announcements at 5 months of age (ha!), I always find something here that I can relate to. Please keep the great ideas coming!

Jennie F. in KY

molly said...

saw your post on momformation. it was great!! I love that idea. I'm going to have to try that one around here...

Ali said...

Happy birthday for tomorrow, happy hundredth and very happy to know we'll be seeing lots more from you in the future!

melissa said...

happy birthday! this is one of my favorite, creative, uplifting mothering blogs. Keep going!

Jenny C said...

Congratulations and Happy Birthday! Just wanted to let you know that I've been reading your blog for about a month now and I look forward to reading each post over a cup of morning coffee. Thanks for all the good + happy inspirations!

Jenny, Los Angeles

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! Your blog has become one of my favorite "cool mom blogs." :) So glad you decided to start blogging 100 posts ago!

Veronique said...

Congratulations! Your friends and family will be so proud of you! You already know I'm a huge fan of your blogging :-)

i said...

congrats on the 100th and babycenter posts! y ¡FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS! que sean muchos más...
itziar

Daphne said...

I not only love your blog, but am so inpired by you as a person, as a writer and as a mother. You have encouraged me to be more appreciative of things I have.

I would love to see some more activities that focus on holidays and seasonal events or activities you can do with children. I think having family traditions for holidays is a nice way to create family time and to make memories.

Happy Birthday to you!

Daphne Butas in Falls Church, VA

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday and Congratulations as well!

Mom2Miles said...

Congrats on your 100th post! Found you through momformation. I'll be back. :) http://diaryofanewmom.blogspot.com

meg said...

Congratulations! on so many things!

laura said...

Enhorabuena! I look forward to my daily dose of good + happy. You are doing a great job.

Good + Happy Day... said...

Thank you, thank you! For all the good vibes, the birthday wishes, and most of all for coming here. I really love hearing from you and feel excited about the next 100 posts!

Patricia