Friday, August 31, 2007

Weeding

Dandelion Dream, Alicia Bock

This Labor Day weekend we will be seeing family and friends, maybe going to a concert or two, taking a few last trips to the pool... fun stuff. But what I'm most excited about is that we'll be doing some serious weeding. We get rid of things all the time and really have no clutter to speak of, yet I still have that feeling of unused belongings weighing me down. So Patrick and I plan to use the girls' nap times to ruthlessly sort through toys, art supplies, clothes, kitchen items (our main clutter categories) and whatever else stands in our way. We'll also make a number of trips to Goodwill because there's nothing worse than having bags of weeded stuff sitting by the front door.

With Sabrina starting school, September once again feels like the start of something big, and I want to start it with a clean sweep. If you care to join me, you know what to do: get rid of anything that you haven't used in a year, that you (or your kids, of course) don't love, that you have more than one of, that is broken and can't be fixed right then and there.

Have a good + happy weekend!

2 comments:

emily said...

i am impressed - and, i'll admit, jealous! - that you have no clutter. it is my lifelong ambition to have no clutter. it's a big piece of how i'm planning to spend my time once school starts. i admire you so.

Laura said...

I love Fall weeding, thanks for the inspiration and encouragement. Your blog keeps getting better!