Friday, August 31, 2007

Sometimes We Like to Match


My sister and I had a moment of revelation yesterday about how thanks to Etsy and all the talented artists whose work we now have access to we don't have to settle for shopping at the mall anymore. Not that we're not in love with some things from West Elm and J. Crew and Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie... but it's so great to find unique handmade things... they just have a different energy to them and you feel like such a winner for finding them.

As I plan our fall and winter wardrobes, I'm looking at the mall for basics but want to supplement with some original finds online. For example, these beautiful hand dyed block printed onsies and t-shirts from 1girl1boy would make a pair of brown corduroys just sing... and they take all the cheesiness out of dressing your kids alike, which I have been known to do on more than one occasion (hello photo-opps!).

1 comment:

Laura said...

These are lovely (so much for my spending moratorium), and thanks for introducing me to the wonderful world of Etsy.