Saturday, July 21, 2007

Seven Random Things About Me


My first tag! It comes from Veronique whose wonderful blog Little Elephants is one of the inspirations for Good + Happy Day. I'm to share seven random things about myself. Here they are:

  1. I am half Spanish, half Polish. My husband is half Irish, half Austrian. Our children have blood from all over Europe running through their veins. When they are a little older we will take some time off to do a mini grand tour of all our countries.
  1. I consider writing my passion, went to graduate school for creative writing and am always working on a novel (I have two unpublished ones and a third in the works), but in recent years I have discovered that about half the time I love painting more than writing.
  1. Since Sabrina was born I have read 55 books (not counting children’s books), watched 49 movies on DVD and seen one movie on the big screen.
  1. I work part-time doing public relations for an organization that promotes adoption. I love my job and on most days feel that I’m having my cake and eating it too.
  1. My husband and I will celebrate our 10-year wedding anniversary soon, and like we’ve done for a few years now, instead of exchanging gifts we’re going to buy a work of art (I would love one of Rex Ray's pieces this time, but not sure yet).
  1. I’m a morning person and secretly love getting up at 5 am to feed the baby. Afterwards I stay up and do all kinds of things, or, if I need extra rest, I go back to bed and fall into the deepest, most peaceful sleep ever. Either way, it’s bliss!
  1. Every year I give up TV for Lent and it stays turned off way past Easter, usually until about June. I’ve never watched The Sopranos, American Idol, Project Runway, 24 or many of the other shows everyone talks about. I’m not really anti-TV… I did watch all of Sex and the City and have probably seen every episode of Law & Order ever produced. But watching television is just one of those things that fell to the bottom of my list after becoming a mom.
I am going to tag some of the other blogs that inspired me to start this one... I'd love to know seven random things about the talented women behind them:

two straight lines
kidding around
scissors paper glue
happy things

2 comments:

Veronique said...

I love the idea of buying art every year. Tomas and I have talked about this for a long time and never done it. maybe this will be our year :-)

Good + Happy Day... said...

In my mind it's so much more romantic because we spend a good part of the year planning and researching together to find the perfect piece.