Monday, July 23, 2007

Painting Plates


A while ago Sabrina painted a plate from a craft kit she got for her birthday, and yesterday morning when I asked her what kind of art she felt like working on she said she wanted to paint a plate. Well, we didn't have a plate to paint or the right paints, but I hate stifling her creative impulse due to lack of materials. I gave her one of our big white plates from Pottery Barn, a bunch of paintbrushes and watercolors that I pre-moistened. I didn't give her water because I figured it would make the paint too runny. She had as much fun as she had had with the "real" plate and did not give it a second thought when I washed off her design to let her paint on the same plate again and again. I, on the other hand, was a little sad that her work was going down the drain!

2 comments:

Ali said...

That's truly inspired recycling!

Veronique said...

That's why we take pictures!!! Lovely idea:-)